Here Is What Is Needed To Be Eligible!Liberation Family Services is now accepting new client referrals! Do you or someone you know meet the eligibility criteria?
Individuals qualifying for Mental Health Skill-building Services must demonstrate a clinical necessity for the service arising from a condition due to mental, behavioral or emotional illness that results in significant functional impairments in major life activities. Services are provided to individuals who require individualized training to achieve or maintain stability and independence in the community. Referred individuals should meet all the following criteria:
- The Individual should be age 18 or older.
- The Individual must have one of the following diagnosis: (1) Schizophrenia, (2) Major Depressive Disorder, (3) Bipolar I; or Bipolar II, (4) Any other DSM Mental Health disorder that’s been documented by a physician, is causing functional limitations and that causes the individual to required individual training to maintain independent living.
- The Individual shall require individualized training to acquire basic living skills such as symptom management, adherence to psychiatric and medication treatment plans; development and appropriate use of social skills and personal support system; personal hygiene; food preparation; or money management.
- The Individual shall have a prior history of any of the following: (1) psychiatric hospitalization; (2) residential crisis stabilization, (3) ICT or Program of Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) services, (4) placement in a psychiatric residential treatment facility (RTC Level C); or (5) TDO pursuant to the Code of Virginia 37.2-809(B) evaluation because of decompensation related to serious mental illness.
- The Individual shall have had a prescription for anti-psychotic, mood stabilizing, or antidepressant medications within the 12 months prior to the assessment date.